This is my favourite everyday jacket. I can’t think of any major trip that this hoody hasn’t been on with me since I got it. My original one [tan hoody below]is wearing out at the seams and cuffs from too much love. It looks ratty enough I’ve had to banish it from city use and save it for my outdoor adventures. I have 2 more of these – a sweet looking black one I keep minty fresh for business meetings and social engagements where I have to look smart. I just bought another brown one this weekend which will be my day to day hoodie. Luckily I’ve never had to pay full retail for one of these jackets. I always seem to find them at 50%-65% of MSRP. I’m not sure why, but they seem to be under appreciated by the normal Patagonia shoppers.
What I like about the Slopestyle Hoody?:
- fits my build perfectly
- relaxed fit has room for a light insulating layer underneath
- DWR coating sheds light rain & snow
- reasonably wind resistant for cool days on the beach
- breathes well so you don’t get sweaty inside when biking
- tough fabric resists stains and abrasion well
- light and packable enough to always take along
- doesn’t wrinkle easily so you can pull it out of a backpack at walk into a restaurant looking decent
- doesn’t get too funky when worn while exercising
- often on sale for a reasonable cost
- perfect cross over piece to go from sporty to urban and back
- if the lazy rando blog had a pro-model jacket this would be it!
My plan is to keep buying them on sale when they cross my path so even if Patagonia stops making them I can wear one of these jackets for the next decade or two…=-)