I’m happy to report that my Pugsley is back on the road. I got the rebuild finished this weekend.
The rustproofing process was a messy affair, but I figured it’s worth it.
I realized I needed new bearings for my Phil Wood BB. I was lucky that the Fairfield Bicycle Shop had some in stock so that my rebuild wasn’t delayed.
I managed to cut the cable housing I had bought too short the first time and needed to buy more. Which reminds me to measure twice and cut once!
As I was installing the disc rotor on my Shimano Alfine 8 I noticed several millimeters of lateral play in the axle. A little research and a couple cone wrenches later I had the hub adjusted properly.
I’m keeping the racks off for now and using the Pugs as a MTB. A stripped-down chubby mean dirt biking machine…=-)
With the Pugsley rebuild complete it was time to test out the beast.
I don’t want to find out my cranks are going to fall off 10 miles from the parking lot so I figured some dirt testing closer to home was in order.
Nothing fell of at the MTB park which was nice…=-) Next up some real dirt trails…