In Calgary I was a Tikiteer for sure and my Bike Friday NWT was a fun bike to ride, but if I had to choose I would have picked my Tikit. Lately I’ve realized that I am grabbing my New World Tourist for most rides into town and if you made me choose I’d stick with my NWT.
Why the change?:
- in Calgary I lived right downtown and ride were short and frequent with high theft potential at each of the many stops.
- in Victoria every ride into town is a minimum 8km round trip and theft potential is lower.
- so now I ride into town less often, but I tend to save up errands and hit a bunch at once.
- I can load up my NWT with a ton of stuff with its burly racks.
- My NWT has drop bars which I am into at the moment and prefer for longer rides.
- My NWT has a dynohub and light so I’m always ready for rides that extend into the PM.
- I don’t have any lighting for my Tikit now that I am not using my Dinotte lights if I can help it.