This backpack has become my favourite for almost all backpackish needs I have. I do have a few other more traditional backpacks I use occasionally, but 9 times out of 10 this Ortlieb gets the call.
- fits me well
- durable…it’s scuffed plenty, but shows minimal wear considering the use it’s seen
- looks nice [to me]
- holds enough, but not too much
- it could use a tab for a rear red light…most of my bikes have a hard mounted light, but it would be a useful addition for hopping onto a bike with no rear light
- I’ve noticed some wear on the cloth at the top where I roll it up to close it…just a bit and no problems yet, but I suspect this is where it will fail, but perhaps not for many years still
- one of the plastic clips that holds the extra part of the waist belt strap has broken off and they were not that great functionally to begin with
- since I rarely want to use the waist belt [pack isn’t big enough for heavy loads] I simply tape it up
Would I buy another?
- yes…if this was lost or stolen I’d be ordering a new one the next day
- in fact my GF asked me what I wanted for a b-day gift this year and one of the 3 options I gave her was the Ortlieb Messenger Pro..this bag’s big brother
- I should have the pro in a few weeks and I’m sure I’ll love it, but I bet the Velocity still get’s used most of all as the size is perfect for a lot of loads