If you are on an extended bike tour away from showers and hotels you still want to stay as clean as possible or at least keep from getting too stinky. At least I hope you do!
Here is what you do:
- follow my advice in the previous post about butt hygiene
- whenever possible use any showers, bath tubs, taps, streams, rivers or lakes to bath as best you can
- put on clean clothes every few days
- wear synthetic fast drying clothes
- whenever you get access to water do laundry in a folding basin like the one pictured above
- go light on the soap and use a mild biodegradable soap
- wring clothes dry as possible and hang to dry [in the breeze and sunshine if you can]
- repeat as needed
If you stay on top of it being clean and camping on a bike tour are not mutually exclusive. I pack limited spare clothing and a very basic set of toiletries when I go on tour. I manage to stay respectable and could sit down at someone’s house for supper on short notice without being embarrassed at the state of my hygiene.