Now that I am closer to Seattle I’m keen on a bike expedition there next spring. I’ll ride my bike from my house to the Victoria Harbour where I’ll catch a high speed passenger ferry to the general Seattle area and bike somewhere central from which I can explore.
Besides generally visiting Seattle I’d like to:
- meet up with cycle-minded folks from the area for a coffee, a ride or both
- check out some cool bike shops
- check out some recumbent dealers and get in a few test rides if bents that are rare [to me]
- participate in any bike-ish events going on
- I wouldn’t turn down a good band/night club option as long as there wasn’t a 160km ride planned for the next day at 6am!
I’d probably be leave on a Thursday and come back on a Monday to give me 3 days in town including a weekend. I’m thinking early March would fit best into my schedule.
I thought I’d throw this out there early to see if anyone from the area:
- had any suggestions for bike friendly hotels/motels that were centrally located?
- had any bike shop or bike event suggestions at that time of year?
- was interested in hooking up for a ride, coffee, beer, curry and/or chat?