Sharon has pretty much parked her car since moving to Victoria and been riding her bike everywhere she needs to go. Her interest in bike related gear has increased rapidly as her kms accumulate. She found this sweet Showerpass Portland jacket at MEC and decided just because she needs a waterproof cycling jacket she didn’t have to look goofy!
MEC marketing spew:
The Portland is everything you might expect from a jacket named for such a hip town. It’s big on style and weatherproof performance, and built for serious cycling. The stealthy, bike-friendly features are well-concealed in a flattering fit and fashionable design.
- Waterproof soft shell fabric is 100% polyester.
- Drop down rear panel has 3M reflective tape and reflective piping accents.
- The weather-guard cuffs are gussetted.
- Hidden pit zips allow furtive venting.
- The chest pocket has an audio port so you can ride to your own soundtrack.
- The side gusset lets you adjust the fit and degree of flare.
- weight 610g [small]
I’ll get Sharon to write up a review closer to Christmas once she has a few months under her belt. So far she is stoked by the fit, features and quality of construction.