Terracycle is offering a cargo kit called the Cargo Monster similar to the Xtracycle Free Radical, but designed for recumbents and odd shaped upright bikes that won’t work with the Xtracycle Free Radical.
The Cargo Monster features:
- Full Chrome Moly tubing construction
- 100% Xtracycle compatability
- Custom laser cut lugs
- 203mm disk brake tab
- Fender mounts
- Built in Idler mounts
- 20 and 26″ wheel capability- and you can put a 26″ wheel on a 20″ trike if you want…
- Cable extender, cable, and extra housing for rear derailleur included
- Model specific clamps and adapters make everything very sturdy and easy to attach
- Motor mounts for electric mid drive
- Fits standard 135mm rear dropout spacing
Happily the Cargo Monster will accept all Xtracycle accessories which means you have access to a wide range of cargo solutions.
At $770USD for the sub-frame kit this isn’t a low cost solution as you’ll be over $1000 once you get a few necessary Xtracycle parts, but for the recumbent trike or bike owner who wants to haul huge loads this is the only game in town I know of.
I haven’t tried this product myself so I can’t say too much more about it other than it looks like a really interesting design.