Update – NWT is sold – thanks!
I’m sad to post this bike for sale, but I’ve come to the realization that any far flung bike touring I’m going to do will be on my Bike Friday tandem with Sharon – not solo on my NWT. This Bike Friday NWT is in excellent condition with a gorgeous paint job and is fully setup for touring or commuting. Everything is in nearly new shape with nothing required for several years of riding.
- 58cm effective top tube frame
- Shimano Nexus 8 IGH with JTek bar end shifter
- Shimano 105 cranks [53T x 23T gearing]
- Velocity rims [Aeroheat front and rear]
- Shimano Dynohub wheel with Velocity Razor rim
- Greenspeed Scorcher 20″ 40mm tires
- Shimano V-brakes with Koolstop pads
- Cane Creek V-brake compatible drop bar levers
- Shimano Sora front derailleur with Dura Ace bar end shifter
- Salsa stem
- Bike Friday folding travel racks
- Bike Friday travel fenders
- 2 water bottle mounts with 1 bottle cage + 2 Bike Friday watter bottles [unused]
- this bike comes with 2 front wheels. One is a normal wheel with a Shimano hub + Velocity Aeroheat rim. The other is a Shimano dynohub wheel + Velocity Razor rim.
- you get the original Bike Friday Owner’s Manual and spare spokes
- powerful dual LED dynohub headlight for 24/7 lighting without any battery hassles
- Bike Friday travel fenders which install with one bolt each for ease of packing.
- new in bag SKS full coverage fenders I haven’t mounted [better for commuting or if you are riding a lot of wet weather]
- you get a fully functional front derailleur and shifter which are installed and cabled so you can easily convert this bike to a 16 speed if you want more gear range by adding a second chainring
Note the NWT does not come with a saddle or pedals.
The NWT comes with the LED headlight installed. You can remove it easily and run the standard front wheel if you don’t plan any night riding for an extended period of time. The swap only takes a few minutes.
I find the current 1 x 8 IGH setup ideal for riding in the city and for touring with a moderate load. This bike has a front deraileur and shifter installed so you can add a second smaller chainring and run a 2 x 8 setup to provide added low gears if you wish. I will include a new unused dual pulley chain tensioner you can swap in if you choose to run 2 chainrings.
What I like about this bike:
- versatile for commuting, touring or pleasure rides
- supple Scorcher tires roll fast and are comfortable on rough surfaces
- dynohub & fenders allow for all weather day & night riding
- dual racks allow for carrying full size panniers or strapping on boxes
- nimble for city riding, but stable at speeds with a load on tour
- quickly folds into small package for storage or transport
- can be packed into an airline legal suitcase for plane travel
The price for this NWT new with shipping was $2900. That was before I added the second dynohub wheel + headlight and upgraded to a 105 crankset.
I will sell it for $1900USD shipped anywhere in North America. That’s ~40% of buying the same bike new. The price is firm.
You can see lots of photos of this bike on my Flickr page here and you can read my NWT blog posts here.