Salsa is working on a full suspension fatbike frame. It’s just a concept as of this time and without a decent production suspension fork it’s not likely to see the light of day. Having said that it’s a great idea and the fact Salsa is working on a frame at all means it has some chance of becoming reality. That’s very cool.
Click on the image above to read more over on the Salsa site and leave the a comment if you are stoked so they can see there is lots of enthusiasm for the idea.
My own personal wish list would be:
- 75-100mm travel front and back
- quality adjustable production fork from a major brand [RS/Fox/etc...]
- clearance for 3.7″ knobby tires on 82mm rims
- rear end 135mm hub with 17mm offset for IGH compatibility
- frame/shock + fork cost ~$2K