A lot of Baja campers have these Engel fridges run off solar panels/batteries. I’m thinking of doing the same thing for my truck camping setup. Anyone reading this have one or know of a better camping fridge option?
What I like about this one:
- freezes stuff [ice on the beach ya!]
- high efficiency for use with solar power setup
- runs off AC or DC for times I have grid power [ie. can take it in a cottage]
- sized big enough to be useful and small enough to fit in truck
- available in BC Canada
- lots of folks down here in Baja use them and they seem to work well