I wish my Montrail Continental Divide trail runners weren’t worn out, but they are. There are holes worn in the uppers, the soles are badly worn and the cushioning has been compacted after many thousands of steps. Since they’ve served me well I can’t complain they’re toast. I just wish I had paid more attention to Montrail discontinuing that model so I could have bought 1 or 2 spare pairs. I’ve got trouble feet so a comfy shoe is worth its weight in gold.
I figured that every time I find a great shoe and wear it long enough to do a review the manufacturer discontinues it making the review irrelevant. So instead I’m going to do pre-reviews of my new shoes while you can still get them. If they keep this model around long enough I’ll write a review at the end of the summer.
I trucked over to MEC on my Bike Friday Tikit and tried on 5-6 likely candidates from their trail runner section. I’ve gotta admit I liked the looks of the Rockridges least of all the shoes I put on my feet, but they were the best fitting. They have a similar shape to my old Montrails [tight heel with open mid-foot and wide forefoot], but they are lighter and have better ventilation. The downside to those features is they don’t look like they’ll last as long. As a consolation the other colour of these shoes is even uglier so I sort of lucked out…hahahaha!…=-)
- A breathable mesh upper welded with thin, midfoot thermoplastic overlays create a seamless and comfortable fit.
- Thin forefoot synthetic overlay forms a frame for support without adding bulk or weight.
- Full length compression molded EVA with Terra-Hex™ technology in the forefoot for added cushioning and multi-directional flexibility.
- Dual lug design combined with full length Gryptonite™ outsole for great traction on a variety of surfaces.
Single-density compression molded EVA
55 Asker C (+/-3 degrees)
- Ride Height:
21 mm heel, 11 mm forefoot
Forefoot-only Trail Shield™
- Toe Counter:
- Fit: Snug heel, wider forefoot
- MSRP $90USD [$109CDN at MEC]
- Trail Runner Magazine – Editor’s Choice Award
- Montrail website – Rockridge
- MEC website – Rockridge
- Rockridge video review